Welcome to an appointment
- Those suffering from musculoskeletal problems (spondylosis, osteoarthritis, stenosis, etc.)
- Patients with orthopedic and neurological conditions (pre- or post-operative and conservative treatment)
- Healthy pets (preventative physiotherapy) Elderly pets (aiming to achieve as good and painless of an everyday life as possible
Most common reasons for animal physiotherapy:
- Various impairments in movement
- Decreased performance
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Neurological disorders
- Different types of pain
Animal physiotherapy treatments:
Physiotherapy treatments are always selected individually.
- Active therapeutic exercises (assisted by a balance cushion or board, obstacles or steps)
- Manual treatments (massage, joint mobilization, stretches and trigger point treatments)
- Mobility analysis
- Physical treatments (Laser, cryotherapy and thermotherapy)
- Guidance for pet owner for home exercises
- Hydrotherapy (on Thursdays at Petbros)
Together, let´s plan physiotherapy that meets your pet's individual needs!
Every animal can benefit from preventive physiotherapy and muscle conditioning.
Muscle conditioning can help prevent injury and aid recovery after physical exertion. For sporting dogs, massage, stretches and other manual treatments are an important part of muscle conditioning. For show dogs, muscle conditioning can increase range of motion and promote good posture.
Instructions for arriving to your appointment
-Possible documentation on the patient's medical history and the current veterinarian's referral/recommendation are good to bring with you to your appointment.
- There should be a few hours between your pet's previous meal and your appointment.
- You can take your pet's favourite treats or a toy with you to your appointment.
When you should not come to physiotherapy:
Fever, cough, diarrhea, contagious illness or another symptom that requires a veterinarian's attention.
If your pet is on pain medication, has tumors, a heart condition or is pregnant, check in with your veterinarian before coming into physiotherapy.
Give your pet some relief with low level laser therapy
I use a Theralux®Touch TX4 VET laser therapy device meant for professional use. Low level laser therapy is a gentle and pleasant treatment that can treat acute and chronic ailments.
Laser light stimulates cells and activates the body's natural healing and defence mechanism. Its effectiveness has been demonstrated in scientific research and through first-hand experiences.
Laser therapy can be used independently or as a complementary treatment together with other treatments. Laser is an excellent treatment for animals who stress or fear other forms of treatment.
- Improves blood circulation and metabolism
- Reduces swelling, pain and infection
- Reduces muscle tension
- Speeds up healing
Low level laser therapy may be used in acute ailments:
- Wound treatment
- Muscle strains
- Post-surgical pain
- Ligament sprains
- Speeding up the healing of fractures
- Neck and back pain
- Symptoms of osteoarthritis and joint pain
- Relaxing tense and tight muscles